My Faith and I...


The Bible tells us that God raised Jesus to life (Matthew 28:5-7).  A fundamental law of nature was reversed here because we all know that dead men don't come back to life? And if God created the universe, that means He created the laws that governs the universe.  Afterall the Bible also says that with God all things are possible - Matthew 19:26.

But... how do we know this is true and not some sentimental myth started off by some religious sect. For me my belief is based on the following'

 1. My life experiences... God's amazing and wonderful works in my life.  They give me this solid foundation on which my faith stands and can not be shaken.

2. Changed lives... those who saw the risen Christ - their lives were never the same again...

3. And countless people who through the generations have had personal encounters with Jesus and told their stories.

God does not ask us to have blind faith in Him; He helps us overcome our doubts and reveals Himself to us if we earnestly seek Him (Hebrews 11:6). He provides us with many reasons to trust Him and to believe that all things are possible with Him.  He is able to turn our doubts into convictions...

And so, I pray the words of this song by Ray Palmer (1830)

My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
  Saviour Divine;
Now hear me while I pray;
Take all my guilt away;
Oh, let me from this day
  Be wholly Thine.

May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
  My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
  A living fire.

While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
  Be Thou my Guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
  From Thee aside.

All thru life’s transient dream,
Until death’s sullen stream
  Shall o’er me roll,
Blest Saviour, with Thy love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Make me Thy grace to prove
  Transform my soul.

Inspired by and some Extracts from Ian Coffey's Bridges from the Word to the World.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas Gift Saga

Hard times?

Can't undo