Our world and God's Outrageous Grace


Lately, I have had trouble trying to stop myself from wondering why terrible things keep happening in our world.  Earthquakes, sunami, floods, terrible crimes, bombings, killings, etc.

God is surely on the throne and the Bible says the earth is His footstool!

Then, Michelle Tume's song 'Outrageous Grace' came to my mind...  Though, there are a lot of bad things happening in the world, there are a lot more beautiful things happening as well...






There’s a lot of pain but a lot more healing
There’s a lot of trouble but a lot more peace
There’s a lot of hate but a lot more loving
There’s a lot of sin but a lot more grace
Oh outrageous grace oh outrageous grace
Love unfurled by heaven’s hand
Oh outrageous grace oh outrageous grace
Through my Jesus I can stand

There’s a lot of fear but a lot more freedom
There’s a lot of darkness but a lot more light
There’s a lot of cloud but a lot more vision
There’s a lot of perishing but a lot more life

There’s an enemy
That seeks to kill what it can’t control
It twists and turns
Making mountains out of molehills
But I will call on my Lord
Who is worthy of praise
I run to Him and I am saved


The words of the song comforted me.  God has not given up on us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas Gift Saga

Hard times?

Can't undo