Why worry?


I need to constantly remind myself not to let things get to me... can't help it sometimes... the 'human part' of me keeps showing up first as soon as a problem comes up.  The 'spirit Abi' on the other hand stays calm and shows up when I finally let it.  It must have been busy communicating with the Holy Spirit I guess. Thank God for the Holy Spirit - this Bible saying certainly rings true "...the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express" Roman 8:26 .

I had a little problem with Tumi's carers last week - a little problem with the contract we signed.  I had three options:- take one of the two contracts they offered which meant I will have to pay more or the third option which is to terminate our contract and look elsewhere for childcare.  To say I was upset is an understatement,  my whole week was messed up - my calls to some childcarers were not promising and I started joggling options in my head - will I have to reduce my hours at work? or find another job near Tumi's school? or... or... or...

I handed the letter in on Friday evening to terminate our contract.

Very early on Saturday morning, the 'spirit Abi' showed up and I prayed to the LORD.  My prayer was if the LORD allowed this to happen to me at the beginning of the new year (some self pity showing up there), then there is a reason behind it.  I prayed for a good end result to this - one with God's hand in it.  And I felt at peace.  I decided I was not going to make any more calls to childcarers until Monday morning when I meet with them to hear their final decision.  I didn't have to wait till Monday! I found a letter waiting for me on Sunday morning - they had agreed to my terms! Amazing! God is full of surprises!  Nothing is too small or too big for him to handle.  If He can turn the heart of a king wherever He wishes (Proverbs 21:1) why would He not do the same to Tumi's childcarers - bless them.


God does look after His own... that is, if we let Him

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas Gift Saga

Hard times?

Can't undo